Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Giant Cinema Story

Many of you probably wondered what inspired Ross Callen to start Giant Cinema. (I've wondered myself) When I read this statement it made total sense. With that being said I just HAD to share it with you all. You can find it on giantcinema.com when you visit under "Our Story"

The Giant Cinema Story (How it all started)

Back in college, my parents once asked me what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, and how I planned to make money? Without hesitation I blurted out, "I think I'm going to watch TV for a living, Mom and Dad." My somewhat 'smart alec' answer at the time might just come true. 

Flash forward twenty years, and several businesses later, I found myself writing as a screenwriter. I love every aspect of screenwriting and filmmaking, except for the insanity of the entertainment industry. There are too many obstacles that stand in the way for all the talent that exists in the industry. So with a background of running businesses and having to make things work out the way I desired, I decided to fix what I didn't like about the movie industry. 

I began with a blank canvas and imagined a perfect scenario. I didn't look at any other companies in the market, because I knew nobody was doing it right. It seemed as if everybody from Hollywood to the cable companies had this grasp over the industry, and the result was that the quality of the films have declined while prices have gone up. 

I knew that in order to be the best, an important element to incorporate was freedom. Freedom for everybody and every step in the process. With free-market principles, people will eventually get the product or service they want. 

Fellow Spud,
Ross Callen.



Isn't that just grand? Now that's how you get things done! You don't like the way things are...don't COMPLAIN about it, DO something about it. I love SMART THINKERS, those with An ACTION PLAN, and people who aren't afraid to EXECUTE that plan. Kudos Ross!

Still need to sign up? Do it richeer! (right here lol)

http://giantcinema.com/spud/sheshe/campaign/blogspot

#BEGIANT

She She

No comments:

Post a Comment